Phot'Aix is a photography festival organised in Aix-en-Provence by Fontaine Obscure, with the aim of taking up a dual challenge:
- to promote contemporary photography by promoting exchanges between French and international artists as part of the international exhibition, "Regards Croisés"
- to take photography into the street and promote the emergence of new talents, by organising "Les Parcours", a series of themed photography exhibitions in Aix en Provence.
True to its tradition, "Les Parcours" introduces the talent of photographers who are invited to express themselves on a range of themes and to show their work in streets and squares in Aix-en-Provence.
From 5 October to 30 December, "Regards Croisés" is hosting artists from China: five Chinese photographers are exhibiting work in dialogue with the work of five French photographers, in the former Prêcheurs College, in the centre of Aix-en-Provence:
- Zhang Kechun, The Yellow River and Guillaume Millet, The Frontier
- Li Ming, Voyage to the Three Gorges and Amélie Chassary, Horizons
- Jin Xin, Distant Echo and Sandrine De Pas, Traits d'Union
- Li Zhi, Voyage to the Mountains and Fabrice Domenet, En Errance
- Li Zhiguo, So Tiny and Anthony Morel, 3°Œil
Organised by La Fontaine Obscure