fbpx
Back

Espeluque fountain

Fontaine d'Espéluque

Fountain

The oldest is the Espeluque fountain (Espeluco means “cave” in Provençal).

For many years the only source of water for the old market town of Saint-Sauveur (15th century), it was moved several times before being finally installed in the new place de l’Archevêtché by Georges Vallon in 1756.

It has been adorned with a medallion commemorating Marcel Provence since 1953.

Location