Located on the site of the Saint-Esprit Hospital and demolished neighbouring houses, this church was built by the Vallon brothers between 1706 and 1728 to a new design.
It was designed as a Latin cross inside a rectangle. The decision to link the transept arms to the side aisles and the choir was an innovation in the religious architecture of Aix at the time, and created greater balance and fluidity between the volumes.
It was blessed by Canon De Forbin-La Barben in 1716, and named Saint-Jérôme in memory of its founder, Monseigneur de Grimaldi.
Its frontage is simple and sober, emphasised by the plain vertical lines of the pilasters.
The church was listed in 1985 it was here that Mirabeau and Mademoiselle de Marignane were married.