Built by Georges Vallon in around 1725 on the site of a water mill, for Henri Gautier, originally a notary's clerk who made his fortune and became lord of Le Poët.
This mansion was ennobled by Louis XV when it became the Treasury of the Parliament of Provence. Its perfectly balanced frontage is a superb example of Provençal Baroque.
The mansion has three storeys held strongly together by pilasters, and its arched doorways are crowned with a delightful variety of gargoyles. The balcony on the first floor is decorated with complex metalwork.