Built on the former site of Hôtel de la Monnaie between 1786 and 1789 for Joseph-Philippe Bonnet de la Baume, a member of Parliament, but he never lived in it.
At the first troubles of the revolution he left the city to take refuge in Lyon, where he died on the scaffold.
The mansion was owned in turn by Général Miollis and Messrs de Coriolis-Moissac, and in the 19th century it became the home of doctor and surgeon Jean-Gaspard Goyrand, who gave his name to the street, previously Rue Sainte.
This very harmonious building, in pure Louis XVI style, has been beautifully restored by its owners. A vast carriage gate, the old gate of the city, opens on to a paved courtyard and a private garden. From there, the main door leads to the monumental staircase, whose wrought-iron banister is a sheer masterpiece.
It is listed as a historical monument, and since 1990 its owners have admitted the public for visits every day of the year from 08.00 to 19.00, including weekends and public holidays.