Entremont is a Gallic village dating back to the 2nd century BC, which has been undergoing excavation since 1946. The excavators have found remains of ramparts, houses, workshops, a hall where the severed heads of enemies were displayed (a Celtic custom), statues and many objects.
Standing in parkland on a hill, the Oppidum also offers a beautiful view of Sainte-Victoire mountain.
The statues and objects found (pottery, tools, etc) are on display in the Granet Museum. The Oppidum, owned by the State, is managed mainly by the Regional Archaeology Department (Regional Department of Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Culture).
The Entremont Archaeological Association helps to promote the site.
Admission is free for unaccompanied visits, but please contact the Oppidum d'Entremont before visiting. No picnics or dogs (except assistance dogs) are allowed on site.