The fortified church owes its name to the Knights of Saint-John of Jerusalem.
Built outside the ramparts in the 13th century, this was the first Gothic construction in Provence. It used to contain the graves of the Counts of Provence in its side chapels.
Next to the church, palais de Malte, built in 1676, was formerly the Commander's residence before becoming the present-day Granet Museum.
Inside the museum are numerous archaeology exhibition rooms and major collections of 16th to 20th-century paintings, including a few works by Cézanne.